What did I do last week? For much of the time I’ve been messing about trying to get this blog up and running. This has been a good excuse not to get on with any writing. I console myself by saying that it will be fine-tuning for the blog from here on. I also went to a really enjoyable poetry reading with a Valentine’s theme at the English Library in Villefranche de Rouergue on Friday. Perhaps it’s better if I say what I’ve done in the past month:
- Submitted an article on ‘The 1st decade of the 21st century’ to the Writer’s Bureau student ezine. And … ta da! It was chosen and published! So I got lucky with my very first effort (hope it won’t be the last time).
- Sent off my first Writer’s Bureau assignment and am waiting, with some trepidation, for it to be returned with my tutor’s comments.
- Submitted an article for a competition run by a UK historical magazine.
- Sent in a letter to a French lifestyle mag, a garden tip to another mag, a question to a writing ezine and also an entry to their first lines competition. Fingers crossed.
- Started a couple of articles on aspects of French life for potential submission to suitable mags.
Mm. Think I need to increase my output.
Copyright © 2010 A writer’s lot in France, all rights reserved.